When learning how to create a Gmail account you will soon find out that setting up a Gmail account actually means setting up a Google account. This is something you can not avoid.
And it’s not a bad thing for that matter since having a Google account will give you access to everything that makes Google the giant we all know and love, like YouTube, Chrome, Google Maps, and, what you are looking for, Gmail.
How To Create a Gmail Account
1. Accessing http://www.gmail.com/ you will be prompted to Create an Account
2. This button will redirect you to the Create your Google Account page.
3. You will have to enter your basic information:
– Name (first and last)
– Mobile Phone (they will send a verification code on your mobile that you’ll have to enter when prompted)
– If you don’t want to enter your Mobile Phone, you will have to Prove you’re not a robot by typing the text shown in the picture.
4. Chose your Username wisely because this is how everybody on the Internet will know you by.
If it’s for business you should consider your real name or your business name.
But, if it’s just for fun, you have a really big area to chose from, like your favorite Anime, your favorite book or, if you are a passionate gamer, your favorite game.
5. Your Password is very important and you should try something only you could know.
This isn’t something you should take lightly or you could find yourself with your account blocked, your contacts stolen or with insulting emails sent from your account to your clients, family or friends. And this is only the beginning of what could happen.
Here are some suggestions on how to create a Gmail account with a strong password:
– chose something with a large number of characters, not only numbers and letters but symbols too
– do not use your name, your spouse’s name or your birthday because these are the first things a hacker will try
– the best password is a random one, so you should close your eyes and start clicking different keys on your keyboard (or try a password generator that will create a random password for you); write your new password somewhere safe and memorize it.
6. After completing the form, click the Next Step button.
7. You will be prompted to read the Privacy and Terms and then, only after you have scrolled down, you will be able to click the I Agree button.
8. The Welcome User message will greet you in the next step letting you know your email address has been created and suggesting what you can do with your new account, like signing in on YouTube and subscribing to different channels.
9. By clicking on Continue to Gmail, you will be redirected to your new email address account where a Tutorial will help you get accustomed with the Gmail design and functions.
After following this step-by-step guide on how to create a Gmail account you will finally see in the right corner of your screen that you are indeed signed in with your new Gmail address.